November 9-February 14, 2016 - Application window open, please apply here. Application deadline is 11:59pm on February 14, 2016.
November 2016 – February 2017 – Students participating in 3MT® will be expected to attend 1 Professional Development workshop of their choosing in order to be eligible for college qualifying heats. Workshops offered are as follows:
- Distilling Your Scholarly Research
- Stage Presence: Drawing in Your Audience via Communication & Visuals
- Improvisation for Scholars – Utilizing Improv Techniques to Connect with an Audience
- Creative Storytelling for Scholars
- Virtual Coaching – One Button Studio (Hesburgh Library)
Students may register for the Professional Development workshops at the Professional Development events portal.
February 19, 2017 - Single static slide deadline is 11:59pm on February 19, 2017. Please email your slide in powerpoint format (Set slide to standard (4:3), 10" Wide, 7.5" Height) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 27 - March 2, 2017 - Qualifying heats will be run within each College (Engineering, Arts & Letters, and Science).
- 4 Judges will determine 3 Finalists who will move on to the Final event on March 23, 2017
- Each Finalist will win $100 (3 Winners from each College)
- Schedule below:
Friday, March 10, 2017 - Static Slide for Final event deadline (11:59pm). Please email your slide in powerpoint format (Set slide to standard (4:3), 10" Wide, 7.5" Height) to email@example.com.
March 27, 2017 - 4pm, Final event at Jordan Auditorium, Mendoza College of Business, 9 Finalists.
Battle of the Colleges!
- Judges will determine 1st and 2nd round prizes for the competition
- Audience will vote on a People’s Choice Award – 3rd Prize
- Prizes: 1st Place $2,000, 2nd Place $1500, People’s Choice Award $1000
- Networking reception to follow awarding of prizes
April 6-7, 2017 – 1st Place Winner will represent the University of Notre Dame at the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) 3MT® Regional Conference. Additional information can be found http://mags-net.org/three-minute-thesis-award/